ASA Current Priorities & Strategic Planning
During 2018 the ASA Council undertook a strategic planning exercise to understand the short, medium and long-term goals of the Society, and to allow short term priorities to be placed in a broader strategic context.
ASA Activities and Priorities 2019-2022
The Activities and Priorities document articulates the priorities of the ASA and identifies opportunities toward maximising the effectiveness of the ASA in achieving its mission.
ASA Strategic Plan 2019-2022
The Strategic Plan sets of the Goals of the Society for the period 2019-2022.
ASA Priorities 2019-2020
In addition to the ongoing work of the ASA, the Council has defined a series of priorities for the year ahead.
- Encourage increased diversity among ASA prize recipients, considering processes for both soliciting nominations and decisions.
- Expand the size, allocation and number of student travel scholarships, including determination of the priorities for student travel funding, and consideration of whether student funding should be needs based as well as how this would be best achieved.
- Update or reaffirm the statement of purpose, focus and timing for the ASA ASM, and the Harley Wood School of Astronomy, including identifying key gaps in student training and experience.
- Following the publication of the PASA history, continue with the next phase of the ASA history project.
- Complete the Web upgrade, with assistance from the new ASA executive support.